The Korean Society for the Philosophy of Science (KSPS) was founded in December 1995 by Korean philosophers and scientists who have had worked on philosophy of science, or been interested in philosophy, science, and the relationship between them. KSPS is a nationwide society, consisting of over 220 members.
The mission of the KSPS is to improve philosophical understanding of science with the help of research and discussion from various academic standpoints, and to popularize such understanding.
The KSPS annually holds two major academic conferences in summer and winter. This society also irregularly conducts seminars and colloquiums on specific issues in philosophy of science. The Korean Journal for the Philosophy of Science (KJPS), which is triannually published, is the official journal of KSPS. The issues are dated March, July, and November of each year. This journal provides a central platform for academic discussions among scholars inside and outside this society.
KSPS Governance/Executive Office
Governing Board (2021. 9. 1 – 2023. 8. 31)
- President: Sang Wook YI (Hanyang Univ.)
- Vice-Presidents: Sangkyu SHIN (Ewha Woman’s Univ.), Yeongseo YEO (Dongduk Women’s Univ.)
- Executive Director: Dongwook JUNG (Gyeongsang National Univ.)
- Research Director: Chunghyong LEE (POSTECH)
- Director of External Relations: Leesun CHOI (Ewha Womans Univ.)
- Auditors: Hyo-eun KIM (Hanbat National Univ.), SUNWOO Hwan (Yonsei Univ.)
- Research Members: Zae Young GHIM (Korea Science Academy of KAIST), Hyo-eun KIM (Hanbat National Univ.), Seung-bae PARK (UNIST), Chiwook WON (GIST), Jaeho LEE (Chung-Ang Univ.), Jeongmin LEE (Hankyong National Univ.), Jeesun RHEE (Kangwon National Univ.), Chunghyong LEE (POSTECH), Jinkwon JUN (Myongji Univ.), Jaemin JUNG (Wonkwang Univ.), Leesun CHOI (Ewha Woman‘s Univ.), Wonki HER (Univ. of Seoul), Wha-Chul SON (Handong Univ.)
- Former Presidents: Hwe Ik ZHANG, Sang-Yong SONG, Hung Yul SO, Yoo Shin KIM, In-Rae CHO, Byung Hoon JEONG, Joong Sop SHIN, Young Tai PARK, Joong Won LEE, Young E. RHEE, Insok KO, Joon Ho PARK
The Korean Society for the Philosophy of Science,
Program in History and Philosophy of Science, Graduate School, Seoul National University, Gwanak-ro 1, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, 08826, Republic of Korea
Executive Assistant: Wonho JUNG
+ 82-10-2735-1081 / email@example.com
KJPS Editorial Board／Editorial Office
Editorial Board (2021. 9. 1 – 2023. 8. 31)
- Editor-in-chief: Ilho PARK (Chonbuk National Univ.)
- Editorial members: Gunoo KIM (GIST), Sungsu KIM (Univ. of Seoul), Joon Sung KIM (Myongji Univ.), Kyung-Sin PARK (Korea Univ.), Seung-bae PARK (UNIST), Choong Shik PARK (U1 Univ.), Wha-Chul SON (Handong Univ.), Kiwon SONG (Yonsei Univ.), Young E LEE (Kangwon National Univ.), Jeongmin LEE (Hankyong National Univ.), Chunghyong LEE (POSTECH), Dayk JANG (Seoul National Univ.), Hasok CHANG (Univ. of Cambridge), Young-Sam CHUN (Korea Univ.), Chi Hyung JEON (KAIST), Hyundeuk CHEON (Seoul National Univ.), Seung-sik HWANG (Seoul National Univ.)
Department of Philosophy, Jeonbuk National University, Baekje-daero 567, Deokjin-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do, 54896. Republic of Korea
Editorial Assistant: Khyutae KANG
+82-10-8623-7963 / firstname.lastname@example.org